More early referrals - October 13th, 2007
I’ll be honest here and say that I’ve sat on this one for a bit without reporting it. I wanted to try to verify it, which I have still not been able to do. But, it has now apparently hit a few boards, and a lot of people have heard it now, so I may as well report it before it makes the rounds and turns into something even more than what it appears to be.
And what it appears to be, is that families with an April of 2006 LID have their referrals and plan to travel in November. Here is what I have been told:
* This is not the agency that received early referrals before.
* This is (again) an entire travel group.
* These families are not in the special needs program.
* These families are not expedited due to Chinese heritage.
* The families are reported to be shocked, they were not expecting this.
* The agency shows 14-18 months between DTC and referral on their web site. And, coincidentally, the April people just waited 18 months.
I don’t know if the agency has December through March LID’s. And, if they do, I don’t know if they have referrals or not for those families. I think that would be pretty important information to have, if anyone knows.
When I reported this the last time I had information that told me it had happened, it wasn’t just a rumor. This time I do not know 100% for sure that it has happened. No one with an early referral has contacted me, but there are people who claim to personally (in real life, not just online) know someone with an April LID and a referral and they are not SN and (see the list above). At this point I think we look at this one as a rumor that it has happened again. I’d like to hear from more sources before I give it a “yeah, this happened”.










