In an email from our Family Coordinator it said:
"Your current I-171H notes that your family has not yet been approved for a child with special needs. Therefore, the CCAA may ask for the new USCIS approval that contains a valid approval for a child you are adopting before they issue the Referral Acceptance (you will receive a new I-171H as a result of submitting your home study addendum to USCIS, which will indicate you have been approved for a child with special needs). You must work as quickly as possible to expedite the USCIS renewal."
So I sent our social worker, Harriett an email letting her know this needs to be done and she emailed me back with this response:
From: Harriett
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 3:52 PM
To: MARIA
Subject: RE: EA confirmation email
Blessings upon blessings!! I am so happy for you and look forward to updating your home study just as soon as Susan sends to me the paperwork and tells me to make the appointment. I am going to forward your email to me to Susan to make sure she is aware of this! I hope you have pictures!! I really have to wait to hear from her so I hope to hear SOON! Take good care and see you SOON!
Harriett, LCSW
Home Study Coordinator
So we now wait to have our home study updated....










