Saturday, March 28, 2009

Received Referral!

LOCKED IN!!


WHAT A DAY!!! So it's Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 1:38 p.m. and I'm upstairs working on Sophia's lifebook. The phone rings and hubby yells up the stairs, "It's America World!" The first thing I think is that I didn't attach the application in yesterday's email. (We inadvertently did not initial a section and we needed to do that and resend that page to AWAA.)

Well, I was wrong! It was Lauren with a referral!!! She asked me if we would be interested in reviewing the file for a little girl who was 3 1/2 years old. Ummm, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said she would email us the referral information and that we needed to get back with her by 3 p.m. as to whether or not we wanted to proceed with a full review. So basically, a little over an hour to make that decision.

I went downstairs and told Nelson, "We've got another referral!" I told him that Lauren was emailing the referral information to us to review. We went into our living room and prayed before we went downstairs to see the file.

When we opened the file and saw her face...we knew she was the one God had chosen for our family!!! We quickly read through the medical report and called Lauren back and asked her to LOCK IN the file!

Locking her referral removed her file from the shared list and gave us sole access to her file. It also meant that if we wanted to move forward with accepting her referral we needed to complete the acceptance process within 48 hours. This meant that by 12:00 pm EST, Monday March 30th we needed to complete and sign off on some paperwork and write a Rehabilitation and Nurture Plan. This is a letter to CCAA explaining why we have chosen to move forward with the adoption of this child and why we believe she is a good fit for our family.

In addition, and most importantly, we needed to contact a doctor to review her medical information from the referral. So it's Saturday around 3 p.m. and we have until Monday at 12 Noon. I'm thinking this is not a problem since Sophia's doctor has clinic hours in the evening. Unfortunately, the office was PACKED with very sick children and the receptionist said the doctor would not be able to see us so I left the info there with a big note explaining to Sophia's doctor that we needed him to review this info and get back to us by about 11 a.m. on Monday. I also sent an email to Sophia's dentist and asked her to review the medical information. We went to bed fairly confident that we'd hear back from Sophia's dentist.