Thursday, July 23, 2009

leaving Guangzhou

Posted on:
Thu 7/23/2009 1:43 AM EST
Thu 7/23/2009 1:43 PM Beijing time

Thursday, July 23, 2009

It is 1:40 p.m. on Thursday afternoon and we will be leaving at 3 p.m. to go to our Consulate appointment then we will come back to the hotel and board a private bus that will take us to Hong Kong (approx 3 hours long). We will be staying over night at an airport hotel and leaving tomorrow at 12:45 p.m.

We're not looking forward to the long bus ride and long flights so please pray that we all sleep on the plane and that the girls especially Avah. She did not like being belted on the short flight from Changsha, Hunan to Guangzhou.

We are looking forward to coming home. We thank EVERYONE again for being so faithful in following our journey to Avah and for all your prayers. We look forward to seeing everyone and having you meet our new daughter!!

Blessings!!

Maria for the Clark Family!

Sleeping Beauty






Comment sent on Thu 7/23/2009 6:16 AM
We wish you a wonderful flight back home. We will pray for you all and look forward hearing from you when you are back in the US.
Thank you for posting those messages, they were very helpful for our future journey. We enjoyed being part of your journey. Your posts were so sweet and it felt like we were there with you.

In Christ,
Heike and Tim McDoniel


Comment sent on Thu 7/23/2009 8:03 AM
I haven't posted yet but I've followed your journey the entire time. I can't believe how easily Avah has fit into her family. It's like the girls have been sisters forver! Enjoy your liast few hours in China and have a safe trip home.

Emilie


Commnet sent on Thu 7/23/2009 10:52 AM
Hi Maria and the gang...first off..have a safe and, hopefully, peaceful trip home. So great you are going to Hong Kong, what an adventure, although I know you just want to get home to Smoochie and your own bed.

Thanks so much for the information on the I71H, that is something I will absolutely check on.

We cannot wait to see you when you get settled and ready for company...Alison and I will come out for a visit.

Lots of love and prayers for your journey home.

The Lynn's


Comment sent on Thu 7/23/2009 11:03 AM
Hi,
I haven't heard of one older child that was fine with the plane seat belts. Friends of ours that adopted a daughter from Changde said on one of their connections they found only one Chinese woman who graciously came over to their daughter and calmed her. The doctor sitting in front of them offered them drugs - either for the daughter or the mother. It can be so difficult to travel. I will be praying that Avah zonks!
Love,
Jaci


Comment sent on Thu 7/23/2009 11:58 AM
I had this really nice message ready to send and then all the sudden it disappeared. Maybe you'll get two from us.

We have so enjoyed following your journey. You have two beautiful girls and I am so glad that they are bonding so well. What a blessing they are! How have you lucked out with two such wonderful girls?

Thank you for sending the info. about the consulate. I check with AWAA and they said that we are okay. We are the first group that the consulate will tell the status of when they call for our CA. I'm relieved.

I can't believe we leave in a week! I'm ready!

We hope you have a pleasant return home (as pleasant as that plane ride can be, huh?) We'll be thinking of you. I wish we could wave a magic wand and be at the airport to meet you guys. We'll be there in spirit.

Talk soon!

Becky S.

No comments: