Monday, August 3, 2009

1st Experience with throw-up (a.k.a. vomit)

Ok so did I mention that Avah loves to eat!! She sometimes eats more than I do! Well, this morning was no exception. Sophia had one hard boiled egg, I had two hard boiled eggs and Avah had THREE hard boiled eggs. We also had cereal and fruit.

We decided to go to the park early to beat the heat of the mid-day sun. The girls both had a great time. They were sliding down the slide, swinging on the swing, climbing all over the place. While the girls were swinging (and I was pushing them higher because they were asking me to) I was in a conversation with a friend that I had not seen in awhile who is DTC 3/26/06. Anyway, after conversing with her for a bit I decided it was getting a little warm so I told the girls we would leave and go to Chick-Fil-A to have lunch and play in their "air-conditioned" playground.

Well, I never made it to Chick-Fil-A. I was driving along when all of a sudden, Avah starts crying out my name, "Mamma, , Mamma , M-A-M-M-A blahhhhh" I actually thought she was choking on a Cheerio so I had aleady started to pull over and was watching her in the rear view mirror. So I saw her actually throw-up.

Now, do most of you know that Sophia - IN ALL THE TIME WE HAVE HAD HER - has NEVER, EVER, EVER thrown up?!! This actually occurred to me during the end of this past school year when all these kids were getting sick and throwing up.

Do you remember what I said we had for breakfast? My first experience with "yuck" was very .... "YUCK". I wish someone could have been filming me because I didn't know what to do? I didn't have anything...I was grabbing napkins from the car and luckily I had some wet wipes. "It" was in all the nooks and crannies of that car seat. YUCK!!! So here I am in the parking lot of this hotel...I took her out of her car seat, removed the chunks of egg from her dress (trying not to throw-up myself) and then carefully removed her dress (now what? do I leave it in the parking lot?) Half naked baby standing in the parking lot while I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Sophia's in the other car seat getting hot. I wanna cry!!! I remember that there was a Target bag in the back so I emptied the contents and used the bag to put her dress in. YUCK!

Now why do you think she threw-up? I have several ideas. 1) I "think" that because of her repaired cleft palate she was not able to get enough water from her sippy cup. This cup requires strong sucking. 2) Too much swinging on the swing 3) Combination of too much swinging, too much sun and not enough water.

So I was able to get it as clean as I could then I put my half naked baby back in the car seat to go home. When I got home, I tried to remove the seat cover so I could wash it but while I was doing so I realized you had to remove the seat, unscrew the back panel to remove the seat belt that was around the seat pad. Well, there was no time to do this because the kiddos needed attention then before I knew it, it was time to start dinner. So I cleaned it the best I could but it still stunk! I used Fabreeze and it helped.

The next day I had my annual eye exam. We have breakfast - NO EGGS - small bowl of cereal then we leave. We would be visiting my friend "Aunt Rachel" after my appointment. About 5 minutes before I am going to arrive at the doctor's - you guessed it - I hear the same call from the back, "Mamma, , Mamma , M-A-M-M-A blahhhhh"

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!! I quickly called Nelson and told him to call Rachel and tell her that Avah just threw up and I'll be over in three minutes. He asked me if I wanted him to tell her anything else like "can you get some wipes". I told him NO she will know what to do (she has four kids)! Sure enough, my friend was there waiting with the garage door open, a tub of soapy water ready to help. I had ten minutes to get to my appointment so Rachel took Avah and the car seat out and said to go. So I did!!! When I got back, my BEST FRIEND RACHEL had cleaned Avah up, washed her clothes and cleaned Avah's carseat. The seat STILL smells Downy fresh!!! Thank you RACHEL! I LOVE YOU!!!!

So, NOW I am thinking that Avah gets motion sickness. Uuugghh! There are only pictures from the park here because the LAST thing I thought of doing was taking pictures of YUCK!!!









3 comments:

Lisa said...

Aaaawwww...poor Ava! I can't believe that you really didn't take any pictures. You took more pictures than any other mom in our travel group!!!

I'm glad you belong to the Mamaratzi though because it makes your blog very cute!

Hunan Mommy said...

My son got the stomach flu today and a mild fever. I immediately thought of you and telling me in Hunan that Sophia has never blessed you with this experience!!! I had to laugh about you trying not to get sick, because poor Tom was in the other room gagging while I was cleaning up! I finally had time to sit down and look at some of the blogs. So much fun! I update about once a week. Sidney is adapting amazingly, and we are blessed that she is our daughter! Cara

Hunan Mommy said...

Sorry! One more thing, can I ask a huge favor? Do you have any shots of the wall without people, like just shots of the place? I was so nervous the the night before Gotcha Day that I erased the photos for the day when I hit the wrong button! UG! I use my email on the yahoo from group 148. Thank you in advance if you have anything! Cara