
Posted on Sun 7/26/2009 1:28 AM
We went to our pediatrician's office today during their "Emergency Clinic Hours" (very thankful they offer this on Saturday's) and was able to meet with our pediatrician. He was the doctor on call at the clinic (yeah, I was hoping he would be there). He said I diagnosed it correctly and it is chicken pox.
She will continue to develop spots over the next day or two and she will be contagious until next Thursday. Poor thing, I will post a picture of her tomorrow. She is itchy all over.
We have our first check-up with this doctor in two weeks but he did tell me that her cleft lip and palate repairs looked great!!!
Please pray she does not scratch too much so we can avoid scarring. I hit one of my spots when I had it and it left a deep hole/scar.
We also need your prayers regarding Smoochie. It will be difficult to get settled in if I have to hold her all day!
Wow, it's 1:30 a.m. and I'm pretty much awake!! Ok, g'nite..or g'morning.
Comment sent on Mon 7/27/2009 8:44 AM
Oh, Maria! So sorry the end of your trip turned out the way it did. Of course I'm happy it didn't happen while in China, but STILL! UGH! I'm sure you wanted to have everyone over to meet Avah and to take her lots of fun new places too! Oh well, I guess this will be a nice bonding time for you all? Sorry, trying to find some silver lining here! :)
The only idea I have in regards to the pup is to let Avah see Sophia having fun with her, petting her etc. I'm sure she's wanting to copy everything big sister is doing, so maybe that could help. Slowly but surely, she'll come around! :)
Keep in touch and let us know how the pox are coming along!
Laurie L.
Comment sent on Mon 7/27/2009 2:56 PM
Wow- the Clark family sure knows how to have a good time! :) I hope that Avah is feeling as best as she can with itchy dots all over her. Poor thing! What a welcome home! We can't wait for her to get well so that we can see her. As for Smoochie, I am sure that will all work out as well. It is just another adjustment.
love to you all,
Friedenbergs











No comments:
Post a Comment