Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gotcha Day!

Posted on:
Tue 7/14/2009 8:44 AM EST
Tue 7/14/2009 8:44 PM Beijing time

Monday, July 13, 2009
Our Forever Family Day!


If you haven't already….go check out the pictures (because I KNOW that is what you are waiting for) then come on back here….

Another long day for us all. We needed to be in the bus ready to go to by 5:30 a.m. so we were up at 3 a.m. Actually we really never slept. Thankfully, Sophia did! We said goodbye to Sherry at the airport and it was sad to say goodbye. Sophia REALLY enjoyed "Aunt Sherry." Aunt Sherry gave Sophia a pearl bracelet from the pearl factory and jade earrings for me to wear and pass on to her. So sweet.

We had an 8:10 a.m. flight to Changsha that would last 2 ½ hours. When we arrived in Changsha, we (and the other two families) were met by the local guide, Dimple. She said we would go to the hotel and meet our babies in the afternoon at the Adoption Center. We arrived at the hotel around 12:30 p.m. and needed to meet Dimple in the lobby at 2:30 p.m.

Nelson was the first to see Avah. She was sitting with the nanny looking at the pictures we had sent her. I then said her Chinese name and instantly the nanny began walking Avah to me. She had such a sweet smile on her face. I wanted to grab her and hug her but held back. It didn't take long to get smiles from her. Sophia was so excited to be finally meeting her "baby" sister. Wow, what a difference in height. The only "paperwork" we needed to do was to show them our passport and TA. We then took them back and would complete the paperwork tomorrow.

Avah is very shy. She has done a lil' whimpering (which makes me SO sad) but she hasn't cried.

We were ALL very tired and very hot. We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs, gave the girls a bath then went to bed VERY EARLY! That's why I didn't post! Sorry!!

Thanks for all the WONDERFUL comments. We cherish them all and ask you to continue praying and sending us your messages!!

Love,

Nelson, Maria, Sophia and Avah



























Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 9:10 AM
I was so excited to see the pictures this morning (as I was one of the many checking and checking in anticipation). She is beautiful and looks so happy. It is so sweet how Sophia is being so helpful. I love how you said her name and she smiled as the nanny walked her to you. I'm sure that moment is forever etched in your brain.

On our end, no TA yet ... still hoping today.

Can't wait for the next update.

Sending lots of love and prayers!

Becky


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 9:19 AM
How precious are those first moments! We are overjoyed for you! Congratulations!

We will extend grace to you for not posting quickly…ha! We have been waiting though. *giggles**

It looks like things are going pretty well. The two sisters hanging out together…how fun!

Avah looks so sweet and look at the wonderful smiles you are getting! WOW! We love the pictures!

Angela for the Sutherlands


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 10:32 AM
Congratulations Nelson, Maria, and Sophia!

Your new "baby" is an absolute beauty and looks sweet as can be! We'll keep praying for a peaceful transition into a family of four. SO exciting!

Love,
The Thompsons

Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 10:39 AM
Oh my gosh, she's just PRECIOUS!!! It was so great to hear about your Gotcha moment and to see pictures of the girls together! I can't wait to hear more, more, more about your adventures in China. Have a GREAT time!

Love,
Laurie


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 9:10 AM
I was so excited to see the pictures this morning (as I was one of the many checking and checking in anticipation). She is beautiful and looks so happy. It is so sweet how Sophia is being so helpful. I love how you said her name and she smiled as the nanny walked her to you. I'm sure that moment is forever etched in your brain.

On our end, no TA yet ... still hoping today.

Can't wait for the next update.

Sending lots of love and prayers!

Becky


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 9:19 AM
How precious are those first moments! We are overjoyed for you! Congratulations!

We will extend grace to you for not posting quickly…ha! We have been waiting though. *giggles**

It looks like things are going pretty well. The two sisters hanging out together…how fun!

Avah looks so sweet and look at the wonderful smiles you are getting! WOW! We love the pictures!

Angela for the Sutherlands


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 10:32 AM
Congratulations Nelson, Maria, and Sophia!

Your new "baby" is an absolute beauty and looks sweet as can be! We'll keep praying for a peaceful transition into a family of four. SO exciting!

Love,
The Thompsons

Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 10:39 AM
Oh my gosh, she's just PRECIOUS!!! It was so great to hear about your Gotcha moment and to see pictures of the girls together! I can't wait to hear more, more, more about your adventures in China. Have a GREAT time!

Love,
Laurie


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 2:41 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] Congrats!!!!
I was so excited to see pictures and read all about Gotcha! She is absolutely beautiful and what a blessing Sophia is such a good big sister. The pictures of the two of them together, they look so perfect together - you all do! Enjoy Changsha and can't wait to read/see more.

Love,
The Selinger family


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 4:24 PM
The pictures say it all. It is so good to see you all.
What a great beginning.

Blessings to all of you,
The Gees


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 7:23 PM
-Hi Maria, What a wonderful day!! Praise the name of Jesus! As I looked through the pictures I was riveted by the expressions on all of your faces. I just can't begin to imagine all the emotions you are experiencing as you meet Avah and get to know her. We miss you all and can't wait to meet the newest member of your family! Love you all. Martha W.

-Hi Maria,Nelson,Sophia and Avah. What a wonderful day and what beautiful pictures. As I looked through them I was riveted by the expressions on all of your faces. The emotions you must have been experiencing!! WOW. Can't wait until your home and we get to meet the newest member of the Clark family. Praise God. We love you. Martha W.

Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 8:27 PM
Tears in my eyes, warm memories of our first moments with each of our girls! Congratulations! What a lucky, lucky family.

Much love,
Claire, Bob, Ming, Grace, and Liana


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 9:10 PM
We are so very happy for you and the pictures are beautiful. Praise to God and lot's of prayers to you. We enjoy reading your posts, you kind of lay out what we have to expect when we get our Maria.

Blessings and love to you all,
Tim and Heike McDoniel

No comments: