Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's official in the eyes of China!

Posted on:
Tue 7/14/2009 8:48 AM EST
Tue 7/14/2009 8:48 PM Beijing time

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today we needed to meet Dimple in the lobby by 9 a.m. so we could go to the Adoption Center to finalize the adoption in "the eyes of China."

We had our Civil Affairs appointment first. This is to receive our Certificate of Adoption (Adoption Decree). We then had our Notary Appointment to obtain our notarized copy of our Adoption Decree.

It was a great day! Avah said mama and I was skipping for joy!!! She is so sweet, so tiny…make my heart melt. Sophia is being the BEST big sister. So helpful and loving. Kisses and hugs her baby sister. When Avah's flip-flop comes off, Sophia will get it and help her put it on. So sweet...

This afternoon Avah had a melt down. She started whimpering so I laid down with her to take a nap. She was dozing off here and there but mostly crying. This lasted a couple of hours while daddy and Sophia went swimming. When daddy came back, I handed Avah to him so I could relieve myself. Daddy thought he would try walking her around the room. She started to calm down then started to scream again. I went back in the room to get her and noticed she was touching her shorts again in the front. Now, earlier before she started whimpering and crying (after lunch) she did that but I thought it was because her panties are too big (size 3 – yes BIG). Anyway, I thought she might have to go to the bathroom so I took her. Guess what? She had a MONSTER #2 and a VERY LONG #1 and after that….was the HAPPY MOST PLAYFUL child!!! Go figure!! The rest of the evening has been great. Nelson and Sophia are sleeping and Avah is happily playing on the bed.

Enjoy the pictures. Please pray that our communication with Avah gets better!!!












Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 11:15 AM
It's so hard to read your posts with the tears in my eyes. She is so beautiful and we are so happy for you all. Can't wait to make her an official part of the FCAW family. Congrats! - Jennifer D.


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 12:37 PM
I am so excited for you Maria and of course Sophia and Nelson too!!! She is absolutely beautiful and she looks SO HAPPY already!!! You must be thrilled beyond belief...we miss and love you and cannot wait to see you when you get home.
Looking forward to the next post!!!! Lots of love, the Lynn's


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 12:40 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] HORRAY!

Congratulations Nelson and Maria! We are so happy for you all! Avah looks like she is adjusting and bonding very well, as does the rest of the family. :) LOVED seeing the pictures and reading your posts. We will continue to pray for you and can't wait to see you. Hannah is already talking about her new friend, Avah, and wants to play with her and "Fia." Congrats again!

Love from the Sowers


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 12:59 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] Congratulations!

Dear Maria, Nelson, Sophia, and now Avah, too!

Congratulations! So glad you all are together now! How adorable to see Avah allowing you all to hold her. And the pictures of Sophia with Avah are so sweet. What a good older sister!

The pictures of the Civil Affairs building sure do bring back memories, as that is the exact same room where we first met Heather. And the pictures of the hotel room are exactly the same as when we were there in 2004.

So glad you all are doing well. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers, and pray that God helps you all bond well and helps you with communication. It is wonderful to see God's plan for you all unfold!

Blessings,
Denise, for Jeff and Heather, too.


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 1:00 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] new friend

Thanks for letting me be a new friend. I am so excited for you all. Avah looks beautiful and happy. Sophia is so adorable and looks like she is excited about being a jie jie. I don't know if you know about the Changde group on yahoo but if you don't we would love for you to join. Rhonda Kelly was asking about Avah back in February. She has Jolise (Wen Wen) who is Avah's foster sister. They have pictures of Avah posted in our photo file. If you haven't seen them yet you will love them. Best wishes on bonding. Much love, Jaci


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 1:41 PM
Congratulations!!!!! Avah is adorable! I'm so happy you all are safe. Looks like you are having a great time! I can't wait till your beautiful family is home safe and sound. KEEP TAKING PICTURES!
Uncle Fernando


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 8:05 PM
Oh what beautiful girls. Avah seems to be settling in well so far - lots of smiles. And don't worry about the communication. It will take off!! Bathroom was one word we learned from Molly in Cantonese, at least her version of it!! But you will be amazed in a week how much better you will be communicating. And she is feeling the love from your family - which is the most important "word" of all! God Bless you all!
Tina C.


Comment sent on Tue 7/14/2009 9:53 PM
So happy to log on tonight and see not just one but TWO days worth of pictures and posts!! Avah is SO TINY!! I can't believe the difference in size between she and Sophia. I bet that will help Sophia really maintain her older-sister role and not feel as threatened. God just thinks of everything, doesn't He?

Anyway, she is BEAUTIFUL and I can tell you are all over the moon. Hang in there during those melt downs (I remember them well) - her grieving will soon lessen in frequency and intensity.

I can't WAIT to meet her in person!!!

Blessings to the Clarks, Party of FOUR!

Love,
Suzanne


Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 8:49 AM
Subject: Perfect Fit!

Looks to me like Avah is a perfect fit in the Clark family! Sophia seems to be the perfect big sister...they both look so happy! Amazing how God puts our families together. Love you guys...can't wait to see you all when you gat back. Be safe!

Jill T.

No comments: