Tuesday, July 21, 2009

YAAAAY!!! You're back!! (long-sorry)

Comment sent on Tue 7/21/2009 9:23 AM

Hey Guys!

I, too, have been a little concerned about your lack of messaging and have been praying that things were going well. How nice for you to have left a FEAST of posts and pictures for all of us while (most of us) were sleeping.

I say most of us because, uh, I assume that most everybody was sleeping. I, however, was up because our air conditioners have decided to quit working properly. The one that is for our part of the house works fine for a while, then freezes up and starts blowing progressively warmer air. I woke up, in a sweat, in the night and went to go turn it off. This only made the problem worse, causing Brent to have to say, "WHAT are you doing?"

So, I turned it back on, went back to bed, but as I was laying there, wide awake, I noticed it smelled weird. Had I turned on the heat by accident in the dark?

I snuck back out and dug out my cell phone so I would have a small light to read the thermostat. (Couldn't turn on the light because the boys are all sleeping on the floor in that room because their upstairs air conditioner has completely stopped functioning. Ellyce's room is fine, by the way. The princess sleeps utterly undisturbed.) Anyway, when I punched the button to make the phone turn on what came on the screen were all your messages!! (And yes, the heat was on. Aargh.)

I went back to bed and with great self-control set the phone aside because I didn't want to disturb Brent further. However, after laying there for thirty minutes, wide awake, I finally grabbed the phone and read all your posts over the side of the bed. Knowing I could come look at pictures made it much less horrible to drag my tired sweaty self out of bed this morning!

SEEING the pictures has made me feel really happy! You guys just all look great. Avah is such a beauty and looks like she is settling in so well. Such a tender story about leaving for Guangzhou--thank you for sharing. When you said Amy and Linekar met you I immediately started wondering how they were and how their baby is, and how they are working with the baby. How old is she? I was so excited to see you had taken a picture!

Please remind me again, if you get a chance, of the age difference between Sophia and Avah. They are so cute together and Sophia looks so thrilled.

I'll sign off now. I have to go get dressed for the A/C and, believe it or not, the washing machine, repairmen who will hopefully be showing up really soon.

Love to you all,
Mary (for all the Thompsons)

No comments: