Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Wednesday August 12, 2009


So yesterday (8/11) I was once again upset over Sophia’s chicken pox. On her face, some of the spots didn’t look right. To make a long story short, apparently a common complication of chickenpox in healthy children under 5 years of age is a bacterial infection called impetigo. So, Sophia has impetigo secondary to chicken pox on her face. The doctor prescribed two antibiotics for her. One is an oral one given 3 times a day and the other is topical, also 3 times a day. I’m not finished…..

Today, Sophia woke up and she had crusty stuff around her eyes. YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! I called the doctor AGAIN and they said to come in at 1:15 p.m. Well, because she has such a bad case of chicken pox they are also in her eye lids (not her eyes) the inside skin part and she now has an eye infection. He has given her antibiotic eye drops that need to be given 3 times a day!!

Please pray for Sophia … it is so upsetting (I know you all know) to see your children sick. The summer is going by and we are still stuck indoors! She is walking on her tippy-toes because the ones on the bottom of her feet hurt her.

She had a few new pox show up today but hopefully we won’t see any new ones tomorrow!! We hope!!!

Keep her in your prayers!! Thanks

Maria




No comments: