Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:26 am EST
Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:26 pm Beijing time
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
"Mama!" My heart dances every time Avah calls my name!! She has been such a true joy. She is constantly laughing and cracking us up. Sophia is so thrilled
to have a "playmate" to run around with. Right now they are in separate beds
making each other laugh.
We had a leisurely morning because we didn't have to meet Dimple in the lobby until 10:30 a.m. So we walked around the hotel and outside for awhile. We get a lot of looks. When people hear Dimple talking to Avah in Chinese and then hear Sophia speaking in English they have this confused look upon their face.
We went to the Hunan Provincial Museum today to see the Exhibition of cultural relics from Mawangdui. The most interesting thing I saw was this very "well preserved" 2,000-year-old corpse of this lady, Xin Zhu. She must have used that pearl cream I bought at the pearl factory!
We had lunch at Pizza Hut but it sure was difficult to order a regular pepperoni pizza. After lunch we went back to the hotel and spent part of the afternoon in the pool. Both girls had a blast!!
Enjoy the pictures. I am tired so going to bed soon. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS… WE LOVE `EM!!!
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 8:52 AM
We are so thrilled for you guys, Sophia looks so happy to have her little sister and Avah is so cute...how sweet they are together. Hope everyone is doing well and getting some sleep. Just a few more days in Hunan and then onto the China Hotel. We miss you guys and are praying for your continued success, love you all..the Lynns'
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 9:06 AM
I’m lovin’ the matching clothes! So CUTE!!!
Sophia you are a poser like my Kayli! ha
Avah you look adorable in the pool!
I’m glad you are enjoying your trip! Your hotel looks fabulous!
Enjoy my friend…it won’t be long before you will be back home.
Angela
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 9:48 AM
Sujbect: [redthread2avah] How sweet
My goodness would you look at that SMILE!!! She and Sophie look like they been together forever. I am glad you guys are enjoying Changsha!
I will be up early tomorrow to see the next post, ha, so keep those pictures coming.
Praying for you guys!
Heather S.
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 10:01 AM
The pictures are great! I looks like the girls knew each other for years. It brings joy to my heart that Avah is calling you "Mama". That is so sweet!
I got to get the pearl cream when I am there.
Love,
Heike
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 10:30 AM
Subject: [redthread2avah] Wow!
I can not believe these pictures. Everyone looks so happy! Prayers have been answered! I just can't wait until each batch of pictures. They just get better and better.
I just looked at the "feels like" temperatures for the cities in China and they were all above 100. (Hangzhou was 116). I haven't told Darrin this yet;) You guys never look hot. How are you pulling that off?
We can't wait to hear and see more. Congratulations to a beautiful family!
Becky S.
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 10:57 AM
Subject: [redthread2avah] worth it!
Maria,
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! The girls look so sweet together holding hands and having fun! What a wonderful blessing! Avah looks as sweet her big sister. I know she is worth every minute of that long wait!
Isn't God incredible to bring your family together in such a wonderful way?!
Tammie
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 11:14 AM
Subject: [redthread2avah] Words are not enough!
We are so excited for you guys! WE are so enjoying your messages, the words of excitement, praise, and support from your family and friends are a testament to how special a family you are. You are so deserving of this happiness. I love the pictures and can't wait to see you all back at home!!!! Love, Rob, Rachel, and gang
Comment sent on Wed 7/15/2009 2:39 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] Cutest pictures EVER!
Oh, Maria, the latest pictures were just precious! I loved looking through every one of them and seeing SO many smiles!! YIPPEE!! They look like they've been sisters forever- love it! Keep those pictures coming- it's so fun to follow along!
Love,
Laurie
Comments sent on Wed 7/15/2009 7:23 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] awesome pics!
Enjoyed the pics today -- glad you captioned the ones of "Lady Dai" -- between two pool pics like that I was worried Maria got too much sun. ;) ;) ;)
Have fun!!
Love,
Pearsons











No comments:
Post a Comment