Friday, July 10, 2009

We are here safe and sound!

Posted on:
Fri 7/10/2009 3:40 PM EST
Sat 7/11/2009 3:40 AM Beijing time

Thursday, July 9, 2009

We didn't get much sleep last night BUT SOPHIA was wide-eyed awake before our alarm went off at 3 a.m.! She is SO excited!!!

My friend Denise met us at 4:10 a.m. to drop us off at BWI. While we were walking to our gate, Sophia spotted a plane out the window and ran over and started saying, "Mommy, hurry and see. You're missing all the excitement!!" Little does she know that watching HER is part of MY excitement!!

We boarded the plane at 6:11 a.m. Sophia was on pins and needles. Everyone around us was truly enjoying her enthusiasm at that time of the morning. Not many people talking while they were finding their seats but Sophia loudly says, "Ready for takeoff!" Cute!

Sophia finally went to sleep at around 8:15 a.m. but only slept an hour.

We didn't have much time between flights in San Francisco. They started boarding at around 1:30 p.m. EST (10:30 a.m. San Francisco time).

We needed to fill out this new form: Health Declaration Form on Entry/Exit which we had to turn in when we landed.

We landed in Beijing at 1:55 p.m. The captain said he was not turning the "seat belt" lights off because we needed to stay seated while health officials came on board and cleared us. Some people on the plane acted surprised about this. They were quick and we were all cleared. The Health form that we turned in had our itinerary for the next seven days should they have to find anyone for quarantine.

After getting our bags were met by Sherry and taken to our hotel. EXHAUSTED DOES NOT EXPLAIN HOW TIRED WE ARE!!! I tried to log into Blogger but can't get in so I will be posting in the Yahoo group. I will then transfer all this into Avah's blog.

We will eat breakfast in the morning in the hotel's restaurant then meet in the lobby for a day of sightseeing and eating! Thanks for following along on our journey!

Please leave us comments along the way!! Not long now before we hold our precious Avah!

















Comment sent on Fri 7/10/2009 4:10 PM:
I was checking the blogger all day today looking for an update...so happy that you made it safe and sound and that all is well...I can only image how excited Sophia is..she is going to have such a great time and what a wonderful way for her to learn about her chinese story.

Miss you my friend and am thinking about you all the time...cannot wait to see your gotcha photos...and also all of the other posts up until then...

lots of love, the Lynns'

Commment sent on Fri 7/10/2009 4:44 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] Hooray! The Eagle has landed!

I've been checking all day - so glad you set this up as a back-up since the Blog isn't working. Oh, how I remember that exhausted feeling of collapsing onto a bed in Beijing! I'll be praying your body clocks get adjusted quickly so that you can enjoy every minute!

Love to all!
Suzanne, Hallie, and the rest of the Pearson gang


Commment sent on Fri 7/10/2009 4:54 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] Yeah! You made it!

We are so glad that you are there. I was thinking of you all and sad that I couldn't meet you in SF. Sounds like it would have been too tight though. How fun to have the same guides. I will always remember you talking to Joshua at breakfast.

We are praying for you all.

With love,
Kim, Philip, Katelyn and Joshua


Commment sent Fri 7/10/2009 7:56 PM
Subject: [redthread2avah] From Heike

Maria,
It is so exciting to read your posts. Not much longer and you will have her in your arms. I am praying for you daily.
Love,
Heike

Comment sent on Fri 7/10/2009 8:03 PM
Dear Maria, Nelson, and Sophia,

Thanks for the update! Boy does this bring back memories! We remember the get lag! So glad that you have Sherry for your guide. We really liked her.

Hope you all get a good night's sleep and are able to catch up on your rest. Though I remember the sightseeing was not very restful! (In Jeff's words: "It was more like being stumbling zombies!") I'm sure Sophia will enjoy it!

Continuing to pray for you all,
Denise, Jeff, and Heather


Comment sent on Sat 7/11/2009 12:24 AM
I can just "see" Sophia's excitement. Good to know you all were cleared on the health check! Can't wait to hear you have Avah! Love you all. Martha

No comments: